The 2011 drill program was conducted in the western part of the property where gold-in-soil anomalies were detected in the Mariposa grid area. Five exploration targets were tested with 41 holes comprising 6,000 metres of drilling. The program was carried out within the following target areas: Skookum Main-18 holes (3,005 metres), Skookum West-14 holes (1,671 metres), Maisy May-4 holes (754 metres), Gertie-3 holes (282 metres), and Hackly Gold-2 holes (299 metres). The results for each area are further discussed below, with drill hole assay composites included in the table appended.
- 14 of 18 drill holes intersected gold mineralization within steeply dipping, brittle structures hosted by strongly sericite and quartz K-feldspar altered rock.
- Gold bearing structures within a broad area of altered rock are coincident with linear magnetic lows and elevated gold-in-soil results, which recently returned values up to 1.95 g/t. (grams per tonne).
- Visible gold was noted both in near surface intersections (hole 11MP-01) and at depth (hole 11MP-27), with elevated gold results associated with increased pyrite mineralization, as well as quartz and K-feldspar breccias.
- Drill results indicate gold potential to depth and along strike. Preliminary soil results show gold anomalism to the east and north, where silt samples returned up to 323 ppb gold.
Drill results include the following selected intercepts:
|Hole 11MP-01||2.44 g/t gold over 38.9 m|
|2.59 g/t gold over 9.6 m|
|Including||6.51 g/t gold over 3.2 m|
|Hole 11MP-05||1.13 g/t gold over 19.8 m|
|Hole 11MP-06||0.63 g/t gold over 45.3 m|
|Hole 11MP-08||1.67 g/t gold over 12.0 m|
|Hole 11MP-27||1.96 g/t gold over 4.7 m|
- Soil sampling results identified an open-ended 1.5 kilometre-long trend defined by greater than 50 ppb gold, to a peak result of 514 ppb. Additional soil results are pending.
- Detailed prospecting located gold in float samples, grading up to 19.9 g/t gold.
- Widely spaced drilling intersected narrow gold intercepts in 4 of 14 holes. Strong alteration similar to that at Skookum Main was encountered in drill holes 11MP-10, -11, -32, -33, and -41.
Drill results include the following intercepts:
|Hole 11MP-10||1.19 g/t gold over 3.4 m|
|Hole 11MP-12||0.54 g/t gold over 6.0 m|
|Hole 11MP-33||3.74 g/t gold over 1.2 m|
|Hole 11MP-34||2.11 g/t gold over 1.3 m|